Thursday, July 24, 2014

America IS A Christian Nation

Good afternoon, this article discusses the importance of standing up for our religious freedom. In this article, I hope to be able to show you why protecting our freedom of religion is so much more important than you might already think.

I am a Christian and as a Christian, I face many difficult obstacles everyday of my life. Whether it is the many temptations or the criticism of the people around me. My faith is very important to me and it is something I will NEVER give up, but I didn't write this article to talk about my faith.

No matter what denomination you are, all Christians face criticism every day of their life. I remember it didn't use to be quite as bad as it is now. People wouldn't get kicked out of school for reading a Bible or praying, but they were respected for their faith even if they didn't agree with it. Or if you said, "Praise God." in public, you wouldn't get shunned. People would just accept it or they would either just ignore you or say something nice in return. Not until a few years ago, did it start to crumble the most.

We are loosing our freedom of religion little by little every day and we need to put an end to it. The media doesn't help us at all nor do these radical groups like Westboro Baptist Church. We Christians are peaceful, loving people, but when movies, TV, and churches like Westboro display us as something we are not. The world sees us as people who hate everyone and that just isn't true.

Have you ever noticed whenever Christians are portrayed on TV, we are always the crazy, mean, bad characters? They portray us as these characters, but it just isn't true.

Then Westboro, those people really need to tone it down. With all of their "God Hates Gays" signs, disrupting military funerals, rioting at concerts, etc.. That needs to stop. They are hurting themselves and every other Christian in America.

Yes, we do not agree with same-sex relationships, but that is our opinion. Last time I checked, we still had the freedom of speech in this country. But the media portrays us as "gay haters" or "anti-gay". Well, this is the thing. We don't care what you do, it's your life, we cannot control you. But don't shove your way of life that we don't agree with down our throats and make us accept it. Our opinions are just as valuable as everyone else's. If we don't agree with you, it doesn't mean we hate you. But because of the "tolerant" liberals don't like us, they hate and bash us. Then they make us into these most wanted criminals. So much for being, tolerant, huh?

Our country was built on Christian faith and IS a Christian nation. I don't care what anyone politician says to disregard that. America was founded by Christians and it will always remain a Christian nation in my opinion.

If our government decides to rip away our freedom of religion, we might as well become just like China. In China, their government will kill you for being a Christian. Do you really want that here? I didn't think so. Do you really want our country to have another revolution? Because if this continues, that will happen.

We need to stand up for our faith and help keep our country a Christian nation. We need to stop the media from bashing us and we need to stop the government from taking away our freedoms. If you cherish your faith and your love for God as much as I do, I know you will do the right thing.

God Bless America!

I hope you enjoyed reading my article and I hope this had made you become more aware of what is actually going on here. Please leave your comments below. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment